Wednesday, November 30, 2016

This week I met a man named Abi

November 13
Dear Family,

Yes the title of my email is correct, and I asked the man 3 times how to say his name to make sure I got it right. You meet interesting people everyday! :D

English class is so much fun. This week we taught about alliterations. (It's a pretty advanced class) and did tongue twisters! They thought that was pretty hard, but everyone did such a good job! Then we had a rhyming game, where we went around in a circle and everyone had to think of a different word that rhymed with the word "cat" or "light". It was awesome!

Something that we get asked by our friends who have no Christian background is "Why did Jesus Christ come to earth? Why was He important, and why did He have to die?" There are answers that I have learned throughout my life, how important it is to follow Christ's example to truly have happiness in our lives. But this morning I was really thinking about that question, and came across some scriptures where Jesus Christ Himself gives the answer :) The first one is in the Bible, John 12:46 - "I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness." I KNOW that that is true. It is something I have seen time and again that Jesus Christ really can bring a light and joy into our lives that wasn't there before. No matter how dark the darkness seems, it can be overcome through relying on Jesus Christ.
The next scripture was in the Book of Mormon, in 3 Nephi 9:21. This is when Jesus Christ is coming to the people in the Americas, the "other sheep" (John 10:16). It says "Behold, I have come unto the world to bring redemption unto the world, to save the world from sin." And that, ladies and gentlemen, is the message I share with people everyday. That Jesus really does want to save us, and we need His help. I hope you don't think I am trying to preach to you, I just felt I should share a bit of what I am learning and continuing to learn in this great experience called life :) 

Love you heaps, have a marvelous week!


No comments:

Post a Comment