Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Back in Mildura

October 17
This was the week of the Mildura Show. So Wednesday my companion and I packed up for the 5.5 hour drive to Victoria. Though it started out a bit discouraging, (there were very few people there the first 2 days) things picked up and we had more success on Saturday. One man came up and asked if he could purchase a Book of Mormon. I told him we could give him one free, which he eventually accepted. As I started to ask what led him to request that, he shared that he wanted it because he had heard a lot of things about it, and wanted to find out for himself. I encouraged him, saying that was what the Book of Mormon asked us to do. He said I had misunderstood, he already knew the Book of Mormon was false, and all this stuff about Joseph Smith, but he was going to prove it himself. He knew all about us, and believed we misrepresent ourselves claiming to be Christians. He kept talking and sharing, seeming to be nervous about giving me a chance to speak? It was so sad for me, hearing all this stuff. Finally as he was leaving, he took a breath and I took the chance to bear my testimony to him of the Savior. Of what I have come to know about all that Christ did for us, and how the Book of Mormon was a big part of that. Although he didn't seem to respond much to that, it was a powerful witness to me of the Spirit, and of how much Jesus Christ is a part of this church, and aware of everything that we do here, in His name.
ALSO at the show, I got to be on the radio!! Weird, can check that off my bucket list! A man that I met on the street 7 months ago when I was serving in Mildura remembered me, and wanted to do an interview on the radio, because he's a radio host. Great opportunity, I was able to share what we do as missionaries, and share a bit about what missionaries everywhere do! Whether a lot of people were listening or not, who knows? Still fun :)
Another experience I would like to share comes from my personal study this morning. I was reading about Ammon, a great missionary in the Book of Mormon. In Alma 28:12 it says "Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
So powerful, I know there are mighty miracles all around us! I am definitely guilty of not appreciating them sometimes. Then I thought of this scripture from the Bible, Phillipians 4:13, "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."
The miracles of God are all around us, I wish I had more time to share them with you. But I love hearing about little miracles that happen in your lives!
All my love, all the way from Australia,
Sister Townsend

No comments:

Post a Comment