Wednesday, November 30, 2016



September 11

Message from the Mission Mom, Sister Parker

Can I just tell you how incredible your daughter is! President Parker has the utmost confidence in her as she has been given an incredible assignment. That is being a PVC sister. She was called because she is exactly obedient, very talented, works extremely hard, is 100% trustworthy and people are drawn to her. That is quite a list and all true. Sister Townsend is the cream of the crop and has been given great responsibilities because we know she can handle it and will go forward with a smile on her face finding a way to get the job done. She is a joy to be around and a leader in every sense of the word. Thank you for sending her prepared in every way.

Answer to "What is the PVC?"
Portable Visitors' Center. Brand new calling/assignment, only one other mission in the whole world has the PVC, and that's the Boston mission, they developed it. They have a website portablevisitorscenter.com that might show you more of what we do, but we take care of these displays, go to different events, (firesides, ward conferences, activities, and non member events too, like markets and the show) and teach people using a portable visitors center! Kind of like visitors center sisters :) but we also proselyte in the city, use the teaching space there, and preach in the Mall as well :) lots of really great things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Because it's a new assignment and we're still working out the kinks of everything, President asked us not to tell our families, who then might spread it to other missionaries, its still in the learning phase. That makes it have that much more pressure, but without pressure, how would we learn and grow? :)
(note here from Janet- since Sister Parker told me about it, I figure it's okay to share on the blog)

I have been officially asked if I could extend my mission until March 25, 2017. I have prayed and fasted about it, and feel it is where Heavenly Father wants me to be. I know that it will be a great sacrifice, and that there may be some things I miss, but remember how many blessings and miracles have come thus far! There is so much more in store for all of us as a family, and I know there will be a much sweeter reunion when it comes.

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments, I would like to respond to President today..

Any homecoming things haven't been scheduled in stone yet, have they?

Love you all SO much!!!!!
Sister Townsend

No comments:

Post a Comment