Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Dana's Baptism

August 28
Crazy week. So crazy my shoes decided to fall apart, so I was walking around with flapping shoes, the bottom wasn't really attached anymore. Luckily, someone came to my rescue. We were waiting outside to teach a lesson, and one of the members with us pointed out my shoe and said "What are we going to do about that?" My response "Do you have any glue?" He thought for a moment, then said "I'll be right back!" And he started running away to the nearest store! I was only kidding, but he came back with SupaGlue, and fixed my shoe. Haha thanks Baagi!
This week our friend Dana was baptized. It was a really interesting experience, a lot happened with her this week. On Tuesday she came and said she wanted to postpone her baptism, and the reason she said was because of her studies, needing more time to prepare for her midterm exams the next week. At first, Sister Coultrup and I didn't really know what to do. But the Spirit took over, and gradually guided us on how to resolve her concern. We shared with her a scripture from the Book of Mormon, Ether 12:6, "and we receive no witness until after the trial of our faith". That was really powerful, and she felt the Spirit. What was really cool was that Sister Coultrup and I each had thoughts of how to solve her problem, but neither of us expressed them. Then Dana received her own answer from the Spirit, and still wanted to be baptized this Sunday. It was amazing, and I was so grateful to see how the Spirit speaks to each of us individually. Then came Sunday, with its' own challenges as well, but everything worked out in the end! 
I wish you all could have heard her testimony after her baptism. She has such a strong testimony and knowledge of how God has helped her. I know that that knowledge can help us overcome anything, and I know this gospel is true. I love you all, hope you have a marvelous week!
Sister Townsend

No comments:

Post a Comment