Wednesday, November 30, 2016

October 23
Okay, first miracle to share, from English class! My companion and I teach English class every week, and every week I feel like the least qualified person to teach :) We had split off into groups and were practicing different topics of conversation, asking questions, English class stuff. Then Elder Chen comes in, writes out a question in English, asks me if it's correct, and it says, "God is our loving Heavenly Father. We want to invite Ms. Chen (the member of the class) to pray and ask God if He is really there." I was so surprised! But he handed it to her, and she treated it first like the other questions we had done, finding the noun, verb, and adjective. Then he started teaching her about prayer! It was amazing to see the transition, and how receptive she was to try prayer because there was another Chinese, testifying it was true. I've known all along how amazing it is to have Chinese missionaries, but here I got to see it firsthand. My testimony of how prayer works was fine, she brushed it off saying she was Chinese, so basically doesn't apply to her. Then Elder Chen testified, and what a difference! She committed that she would pray, and we found out things in her life that she really needs God's help with, and is starting to believe that there would be a God there to answer her.

This week we had a lesson with our recent convert Niki. She asked the question, why do only men get the priesthood? Sister Coultrup did a great job explaining the different responsibilities of men and women, what great blessings God has given to all of us, but I wanted to find a scripture to back it up. I was looking and looking, not finding anything, and just prompted to continue in my personal study, where I am currently at in the Book of Mormon. It was Alma 32, and in verse 23, there was my answer! I had never appreciated or noticed it before. "And now, he imparteth his word by angels unto men, yea, not only men but women also. Now this is not all; little children do have words given unto them many times, which confound the wise and the learned." I know that that is true. We are all able to receive answers to our prayers, knowledge that comes straight from God. How amazing is that? I am so grateful for the little promptings and all the help Heavenly Father gives to us.

One more miracle, we were walking down North Terrace, and 2 men were at a restaurant and called out "Hey sisters!" we waved, figured they were members, and kept walking. Then we saw them again! They are members from Alice Springs, haven't gone to church in years, but are here for major brain surgery. So good we got to meet them, make contact, and now the elders are going to visit them while they are here. God works in mysterious ways, but sometimes we are able to know and recognize exactly why and what He wants us to do :)

No comments:

Post a Comment