Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Greetings from AUS




August 21


I feel like it's been ages since I've sent a mass email out, and it probably has been....sorry!

Life is pretty grand here in Australia. I've mentioned before how my companion Sister Coultrup and I are serving in the city, and there are so many miracles happening. I truly have been able to see God's hand guiding us to those He has prepared.

One experience from last week, we were travelling into the city and noticed dark clouds coming in. Something we've been used to in the past, but it's been starting to feel like spring! So we prepared ourselves for it. We had pla nned to have a lesson with our friend Dana, who is a student in the city. Right before the lesson, it started to rain. And not just a little bit, it was like the sky was having a temper tantrum and decided to start bawling. Very quickly, we were soaked. Then Dana texted us, saying she hadn't brought any rain protection with her, and could we please meet another day? We didn't have a whole heap of time the rest of the week, and we had a really good lesson planned. So I volunteered that she could use my rainjacket (I like rain anyway) and we would run to where our lesson was at. But as we were going to meet her, the rain started to slow down. By the time we met her, it had stopped completely and didn't start again until we were safely inside. What a blessing!

On Wednesday we were able to have a trade-off with Sister Tamana and Sister Maea. (see photo) I was with Sister Maea, from New Zealand. We went to one family's house, and the warning I received before going in was, "She doesn't like Americans...." Uh thanks? So that was a fun experience, but by the end of it, she was my new friend :) People's hearts can be softened!!

Then on Friday we had another really cool experience. We were talking with a man on the street, introducing ourselves, where we were from. As soon as I said "Texas", a girl walking past whipped her head around and said "Texas?!?!" Haha so I started talking with her, she's a Chinese student, only been here for 2 days, recently transferred here from the University of Texas at Austin! So amazing, she loved having someone to talk to about Texas, and of course I didn't mind either.

Just a small part of my week, but I hope everyone is having a wonderfully hot summer! If there is ever anything I can do (even though I'm a bit far) PLEASE let me know!!!

Love Sister Townsend

No comments:

Post a Comment