Monday, August 8, 2016

June 5 Miracles and Accidents

Greetings dear family!! I have a story to share. There is a family we have been working with, and the 8 year old daughter was baptized last Saturday. (this is Nesi - the one in white)

​Afterwards, we were talking with her older sister Selu, who we had met a couple of times. Turns out, she used to attend Young Womens in New Zealand, and she wants to become a missionary one day! We set up a time when we could see her, then something came up, but we finally got to see her last night. It was so cool to see the Spirit working with her as we shared more about Jesus Christ and all that He has done for us. And seeing her strong desire to change. When we invited her to baptism, she said, "Yeah, I think I need that!" She looked so happy, and grateful to have a direction that she can start to have with her life. I know God is mindful of each of His children, and we are just here to be His hands.
Going off of my thought from last week, where I talked about urgency? That translates to when we are biking as well! And biking fast helps us to stay warm, which is much needed. But sometimes accidents occur....So this week, I fell off my bike. Well, "fall off" doesn't really do it justice, and sounds like I was clumsy. But this time, I actually FLEW off my bike, right over the handlebars! That's what happens when you go way too fast, then try to brake really hard on the front brakes. The front wheel stops moving, but the back wheel keeps going! So I got to fly over the front (luckily I put my hands up) landed I think on my back, and the bike flipped over and landed on me! Poor Sister Rougeau got to see the whole thing and lift my bike off me, then there was a car coming, so I kind of crab walked over to the side of the road. Then the car pulled over and asked if I was okay, and I was bleeding, but all I was thinking about was "He's going to think missionaries are crazy!" He was nice though. Luckily, it was just my hands, one knee, and one elbow that got scraped, and only my left hand was bleeding. (So good, because I have to shake everyone's hand with my right hand 😀 ) And the worst part was, I was wearing a white dress.  And this is all that happened to my knee!  How lucky am I? I am still amazed nothing was broken, but having injuries would keep us from doing the work! 
I hope you all have a wonderful week! And I think Father's Day may be coming up, so if I miss it, (Australia is different) HAPPY FATHER'S DAY TO ALL THE AMAZING DADS
I love you!!

Sister Townsend


No comments:

Post a Comment