Friday, March 18, 2016

Feb. 21 What a wonderful week

I've realized since coming to Australia that I'm not a huge fan of Indian food. We had a few experiences this week with different kinds. Unfortunately, some experiences are better than others. We had one time where the food was so spicy, and so different to anything we normally eat, it affected us so badly for the next 2 days. But the people are really nice, and just want to feed us out of respect and love.
But we had a baptism this week! That is such an amazing time, and the whole day and week is blessed by it. 3 of the girls we've been teaching were ready to follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized (John 3:5). The feeling you get seeing someone make a promise to follow Jesus Christ is so wonderful. But my very favourite part is hearing their testimonies at the end. The feelings they get come straight from God. The commitment is not to join a church, but to feel the love of God more in their lives, and to access His gospel. It is so great to see that change in someone, and it's always a change for the better :)


I don't know if you can tell, but sometimes I run out of words that are positive enough to describe how I'm feeling. Let's just say really really happy. This is the work of God, helping his children come closer to him. I love my Saviour Jesus Christ. I know that his example is the way we can feel true happiness in this life. Sometimes we feel like we are happy enough with where we are at, but there is so much more that can be felt, and that is through Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment