Sunday, January 3, 2016

Accidents happen, we move on

Finally fell off my bike this week, I've honestly just been waiting for that to happen, I'm surprised it's taken this long. Luckily, the only bit that got hurt was my knee. The fun part was that it happened when I was in an area where we are only on bikes, and we were rushing to make it to an appointment. I had nothing to clean my knee up with, and so I used some leaves and flowers from a nearby bush to mop it up and hopefully stop the bleeding, then we went jumped back on those bikes to make it on time. I thought everything was going fine until I look down during the lesson and realize I didn't clean it up as well as I thought I did.... But it's all good now, and everyone needs some scars to take home from their mission :)
For New Years, missionaries aren't allowed to be outside after 4 pm, so we spent a long time in the flat that night. We did our weekly planning, then ate heaps of food :) It was so good to et organized. For a few hours, I was in a different year then everyone back home! The hardest part of New Years Eve and Day was that the weather was nice and hot, and because of the holiday no one had any reason to be outside. And anyone we did talk to thought we were crazy for not sleeping the day away :) But the good things come when we work work work!
I really really loved my personal study this week. In Alma 61:15 (Book of Mormon), where it says the Spirit of God is the spirit of freedom, that really stood out to me. It referenced 2 Corinthians 3:17, which says that the Spirit of the Lord is liberty. This is a perfect way to describe it, but I've never thought about it in that way before. When we keep the commandments, we truly are liberated, and are free to choose for ourselves this wonderful path that God has laid out for us. The liberty that comes from keeping these commandments (being an exactly obedient missionary) is what brings miracles, because then we have the Spirit of the Lord with us at all times.
Our continued focus has been to hand out Books of Mormon, and to testify of the power of this book. It is so amazing to see the hearts that are touched and softened when we share this great source of knowledge that we have. I know without a shadow of a doubt that the Book of Mormon is true, and love being able to share that with others. We have done this with people we are teaching, people we meet on the street, or those we talk to at bus stops. When someone does accept this wonderful gift, it makes me so happy, knowing that this one thing can make such a positive impact on their lives.
Have a wonderful week, and Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment