Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Last Post from the USA

Ladies and gentlemen, this should be my last entry from the United States for the next 18 months, so that's pretty fantastic. I fly out today, and could not be more excited for what I'll learn out in Australia. I fly Salt Lake to L.A. then to New Zealand, then to Adelaide, which is pretty cool. 
This week dealt with a lot of classes that I can use and apply for when I'm out in the field, and I'm still learning so much. We watched a video yesterday about how sometimes the Spirit reveals things to us like turning on a light switch. It's so brilliant from the darkness previously experienced that you cannot deny it. But the other way the Spirit can work with you is like a sunrise. Gradually, the more you grow, the more time you spend learning, you understand more and more, as the light gradually gets brighter and brighter. It already feels so much brighter, but I know I still have so much to learn. If my explanation doesn't make any sense, I encourage anyone to watch Patterns of Light, by Elder David A Bednar. He explains it much better than me :)
The best way I can describe this is with what I have learned about prayer. I have always known that God answers our prayers, but this week has really taught me why WE pray. Prayer is the aligning of our wills with God's, and when we make good choices about what we want to pray to Him about, what we want to ask Him about, He is that much more willing to grant us those blessings we are praying for. Making the choice to follow Him brings more and more blessings, which then makes us want to follow more of His commandments. It's a wonderful cycle. Mosiah 2:20-22 I think? It's in the second half of Mosiah 2.
Sorry I don't have a ton of time, we have even less time today, cause I leave for the airport in just a few hours. I love you all, have an awesome week, and remember that God loves you!

Sister Townsend

No comments:

Post a Comment